Watching him open his cup was hilarious! Cynthia told me while I was wrapping it, "He'll probably try to drink out of it and then get mad because it has a lid on it!" She was pretty much right.
Most children when they have a birthday would rather receive toys than clothes. It seems William already understands that concept! He opened a present that had clothes and toys in it. He threw the clothes behind him to get to the toy! We kept the Mexican tradition of him taking the first bite out of his birthday cake.
As I thought back to a year ago when little William was born, I again thanked the Lord for His protection over us through the early hours of that morning. Things could have gone so differently but God worked miracles as only He can.
The little 5 pound 1 ounce baby we had has grown into a 21 pound sweetheart! He is the main attraction anywhere we go with his white complection, big brown eyes, and red hair! Only God knows what this little boy will do with his life. We look forward to seeing how God will use him for His glory.





Happy Birthday, Sweet William! I'm so glad that your Grandma and Great-Aunt Mary were there for your special day. They sure had to travel far to spend your big day with you!
ReplyDeleteWonder how old you'll be when we finally get to meet you?
Happy 1st Birthday, William :) You are SO cute! I enjoyed hearing Aunt Pam laughing while you opened your present. You sure do have a special family. Love to all!
ReplyDelete