CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Everyone's Environment

Okay, for a change, Mommy is going to add something before the children! So much is going to happen for us during the month of May. We are anxiously awaiting a visit from Randy's Mom and his sister, Rebecca, and her little girl, Madison. We haven't seen Rebecca and Madison in one year! It is hard to believe that much time has passed since we saw them last.

With serving the Lord where we are, we have many blessings of seeing things we have never seen and experiencing holidays unlike the ones we have in America. Also, there are holidays that we miss out on because we are not in America. One of those holidays is Memorial Day. Since Randy's family is coming during the end of the month, I decided to decorate the room with things of Memorial Day and teach the children a few interesting things about the holiday. A new thing I have done with this set of lessons is an introductory video to peak their interest. Since it seemed to turn out so well, I thought I would share it with you. If you would like to use it as well, please feel free! I can't wait until the children see it! One interesting thing is that a couple of the first pictures of monuments are ones that I took while we were in South Korea two years ago. It is in both Korean and English.

I think Memorial Day is one of the more important holidays in the U.S. that is quickly losing it's meaning. To many, it is just another "holiday" that gives them a day off from work. May we never forget the true meaning of this day and always remember that "Freedom is not free."

No comments:

Post a Comment